Sep 30, 2009

Blah...

I'm sorry I haven't posted lately, and I promise to give a full recap of Oktoberfest, but I've been sick in bed since Sunday. And until we move into our absolutely gorgeous and fantastic (I may be a little biased) house this weekend, we're staying at one of J's coworker's houses with no (gasp!) internet. So I'm typing this at a library, which is just not a lot of fun.

By the way, here's a little random German fact of the day for you. In the bigger cities and towns it's not such a problem, but if you choose to live in a small village there's a strong chance you won't have high-speed internet. Over here, unlike in the States, there are only a certain number of slots for DSL in each town. So, if you fall in love with a quaint little house in the countryside and all the slots are full, you're stuck with dial-up forever. For us, internet was muy importante, and we made sure our house had a slot.

Anyway, I need to scoot, but I'll be back this weekend with pics of the house and Oktoberfest- fun!

Love,


E.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled across your blog and loved it! Too cute. I love that you are overseas and taking in lots of sites. New follower and can't wait to read more of your adventures.

Vic said...

Hope you had fun at Oktoberfest! I left you an award on my blog.