Feb 5, 2010

My New Find

After hearing Ingrid Michaelson's "Maybe" a few times on the radio when I was back in TX, I became slightly obsessed with her. I'm pretty picky about female singers' voices (I can't stand that over the top, Mariah Carey sort of stuff). Ingrid, however, is a breath of fresh air and her lyrics are really deep and meaningful (and catchy)!

Anyway, this paying for music on iTunes stuff is a new concept for me. In college, I was the queen of downloading illegal music (gasp!) Once my computer finally crashed from the thousands of viruses brought on by said glorious, yet illegal music, I now walk the line and pay for my music. So when I actually dish out a buck to pay for a song on iTunes, I've gotta really love it.

Now, for your listening pleasure...


This is another of my favorite songs of hers...


I also bought "Disturbia" by Rihanna and "Can't Tell me Nothin" by Kanye. Freakin love those songs!

On another note, I hope everyone's having a great start to their weekend. J and I went to an event with his squadron and he not only participated in, but tied for first place in the chili eating contest! Poor guy was literally crying afterwards, but after drinking much milk and eating crazy amounts of bread, he's feeling better. Plus, we're $45 richer from the contest. Score!

Love,


E.

1 comment:

rena said...

I like Ingrid Michaelson a lot! My fav by here is "The Way I Am" - great song!

Congrats to your hubby on the chili eating contest!